The Swedish town of Norrtälje on the Baltic Sea was founded in 1622 by King Gustav II Adolf and is located around 70 kilometres north of Stockholm. For Norrtälje’s harbour, the municipal council wanted a new lighting concept developed.
As a solution, the landscape architects von Sydväst arkitektur & landskap AB and lighting designer Frida Nordmark from the Light Bureau in Copenhagen came up with the idea of a warm, low lighting point that was reminiscent of the light from a historical ship’s lantern. The lighting concept was implemented using Selux Elo bollards.
Elo’s minimalist design language blends in harmoniously with the maritime style of the surrounding landscape. The bollards are 800 mm high and fitted with a gold version of the double Tritec module. This module and the light colour used of 2700 Kelvin not only ensure safety and effective orientation but warm lighting of Norrtälje harbour’s surrounding area.