This Privacy Statement was published on 15th May 2018.
Selux UK Ltd are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated 27th April 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at Selux UK Ltd.
Who are we?
Selux UK Ltd manages the specification and sales of lighting products. Our company’s office is located in Leamington Spain the United Kingdom while our parent company, Selux AG, is based in Berlin, Germany. The companies’ registered office address is 31 St John’s, Worcester, WR2 5AG,
Selux UK Ltd is the data controller. Due to our size we are exempt from the requirements for a dedicated Data Protection Officer but we can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
When do we collect personal data about you?
• When you are purchasing our products.
• When you interact with us in person via email or through our websites.
• We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interest and where there is an established mutual interest between you and Selux UK
• If used for emarketing we always ensure that explicit opt-in consent is established beforehand.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
• Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, news and activities. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
• Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
• Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
• Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on selux.com/gbr/en (e.g. to download a whitepaper).
• Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
• Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoices, reminders and similar information required for the purposes of completing projects and contracts. The contract may be with Selux UK Ltd directly or with a Selux UK Ltd partner.
• Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
• Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
• Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Selux UK Ltd and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails.
If you apply for a job at Selux UK Ltd, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Selux UK Ltd does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data that Selux UK Ltd holds about you.
• The right to request that Selux UK Ltd corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Selux UK Ltd to retain such data.
• The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
• The right to request that Selux UK Ltd provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
• The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Selux UK Ltd reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our website prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
United Kingdom for Selux UK Ltd
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Berlin, Germany for Selux AG
Each individual German state has a Data Protection Authority which is responsible for the enforcement of data protection laws and competent in respect of data controllers established in the relevant state. The Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information can be reached at: